- 12 eggs
- 2 small beets or 1 large, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- big pinch of salt
- smaller pinch of sugar
- sprig of tarragon (optional)
1. Boil a pot of salted water, as you would for hard boiled eggs. Once boiling, add eggs and cook for 6-7 minutes (depending on how runny you like 'em). Remove + place in an ice water bath for 5 minutes.
2. While the eggs cool, combine the beets, water, vinegar, salt and sugar in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then lower and simmer 10 minutes. Turn off the heat + let cool.
3. Once cool, peel the eggs + add them and the cooled beet brine to an airtight container. Refrigerate overnight for brightest color.