roasted purple cauliflower + pesto + goat cheese
- 1 medium/large head of purple cauliflower (reg works too), broken into quarter size pieces
- S + P
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Goat cheese, to sprinkle on top
- Good pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts and/or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Optional: small handful of spinach
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl add cauliflower, olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss until fully coated.
2. Lay cauliflower out on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25-20 minutes, or until the pieces brown to your liking. At the halfway mark, take your pan out and flip the pieces around so all sides get browned evenly. At this halfway point, sprinkle the raw sunflower seeds evenly on top. Put back in the oven and bake for the remaining time.
3. In the meantime, combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Taste + adjust seasoning. Freeze any pesto you don't use for this dish!
4. Lay the cauliflower out on a serving dish, drizzle with pesto and sprinkle goat cheese over top. Finish with red pepper flakes. Voila!